Tuesday 14 January 2014

Skwigly 2013

Well it's been almost a year since i started writing for the fantastic Skwigly online animation magazine. The Magazine it's self has come on leaps and bounds providing excellent content for there audience.

During this year I've had the opportunity to meet, greet and talk to some real legends of animation as well as some personal heros, I'm going to post some links to some of my favourite article and interviews i've conducted this year as i've not been updating this blog regularly enough. 

The excellent Ainslie Henderson was one of my first interviews, and it felt like i'd reached my goals already, now up for his second BAFTA, this talented stop-motion animator was joy and privilege to interview: Ainslie Henderson Interview.

During my Visit to Stuttgart International animtional festival (which Skwigly was one of my finance provders, securing me a press pass for the event) I was able to interview PIXAR director Saschka Unseld about his short film Blue Umbrella, a ground braking animation demonstration showcasing the highest level of CGI animation PIXar has to offer: Interview with Saschka Unseld 

One of the films that created a massive wave of excitement in 2013 was the felted stop motion animation  "oh willy". During my Stuttgart visit I was able to interview co-director Marc Roels, he was a extremely funny and genuine fella: Interview with Marc Roels

This was just very exciting altogether, combining the music i love with animation, Perfection. Queens of the stone age '...like clockwork' music video review. 

I was also asked to attend a preview screening of Dispicable Me 2, who doesn't love those little yellow guys: Despicable Me 2 Review

This was a fun, and kinda popular, article i wrote about the pit falls of working for free as a recent graduate: Should I Work for Free article

I also had the wonderful opportunity to interview Australian animator Michael Cusack, about his new film, which i swear is picking up every award going, he is genuinely one of the most lovely guy's I have ever met and he a can spin a yarn like no other, it was great to meet him also at encounter film festival in Bristol. Interview with Michael Cusack

And of course what year of writing about animation would be complete without my own interview with the Lord of stop-motion, Mr Peter Lord of Aadman animation studio on his recent Morph Kickstarter Campaign which I covered from start to finish. Interview with Peter Lord

I also had the pleasure of meeting other heros of animation such as Mackinnon and Saunders, Barry Purves and the wonderful Adam Elliot which I have to say I think may have been a highlight of my life! as well as this i've got to know and get far more involved with the Skwigly team as a whole and I believe I have met friends and colleges for life, it has really been a great adventure and I hope it continues in the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment